Friday, February 21, 2014

Role of NRI in love stories

What? You broke up with her? What happened machi?

That’s a big story machi. You leave it.

Come on man. You guys were happy together when we met some months back. K. BTW who dumped whom?

Of course that was me who dumped her. :D  we are gethu machi. We should never allow someone to dump us.

Cut the crap. Don’t I know you? Tell me the truth. What did you do?

Hmmm. Nothing man. Usual fights turned into big issue.

***** I’m not a stupid to believe this. You are a compromising person. You would never allow small fights to become big issue.

Her parents did not accept machi.

Oh. Did you talk to them?

No. She did.

Ok. What did they say?

I don’t know. Maybe they might have felt that I’m earning less.

But she was happy with you. She knew everything about you. She could have convinced her na?

She tried machi. But they were so stubborn in their decision.

Ok....

They started searching groom for her. And she rejected many.

Cool. That was bold decision. How did she reject?

Actually she didn’t reject. She didn’t accept it. Even her parents couldn’t convince her.

Super. Even she was strong on her stand right? Then what happened?

We were planning for register marriage with the help of my friends.

Oh. She was ready for such a marriage?

Yes machi. She was so happy and excited about it.

Hmmm. You saw that in her eyes?

Well, I didn’t see. I was at states at that time. So we were having telecommunication only. Since she was staying in hostel we used to talk for long hours every day.

Ok. Then why didn’t you marry?

My friends made all the arrangements and I was planning to come back to India. Then she said that she will try to convince her parents once for the last time.

Why? Wasn’t she convinced 100% with your register marriage plan? You said she was happy and excited.

Hmmm. She sounded like that only. K. She took few days leave and went home to talk with her parents.

She could have talked to her parents from here itself na?

Yeah. But she said that she wanted to talk to them face to face. She was having little faith on them that they will accept considering her age.

Hmmm. You guys were of same age. But you are just 27 now. That’s not some big issue.

No machi. In our community mostly girls will be getting married by 25 years itself. But she was delaying hers since her parents didn’t accept our love. Already her relatives started to question them. So she was hoping that they will accept it.

Oh. Like that. Ok.

From the day she went home I lost contact with her. I tried calling her home number. Her parents used to attend and they hung up all the time.

Oh. Was she seized by them?

Hope so. After a month again she called me and told me that she was engaged.

WTH?

Yeah. I was shocked. She told me that they forced her to accept it.

But she didn’t accept their plea for those many years.

Hmmm. She said that she didn’t have a choice.

Maybe they might have blackmailed her.

Yeah. They did that quite some time s in the past. But she too was a stubborn girl. I wonder how she accepted it.

So what did you tell her?

I asked her to call off. But she was not ready to disappoint her parents. That made me upset and I hung up.

Hmmm. What is he doing?

I don’t know machi. But he is a NRI doing some business abroad.

Oh. What about the alliances she got prior to that one?

They were some local guys working in IT and some business.

Hmmm. Do you think she might have chosen him considering the life abroad?

No. Not at all. She is not that type of girl.

Hmmm. Did u ever talk to her after that?

Yeah. Few weeks before her wedding she called me and asked me that she wanted to meet me for the last time.

What did you say?

I hoped that she is calling me to give me surprise that her wedding was called off or her parents had accepted for our wedding.

So you were hoping that she would come back to you?

Yes machi. We were that much close machi.

Oh. So you came down to India to meet her?

Yes. It was season time so I didn’t get tickets. I spent few L to come to Chennai the very next day.

Then?

Nothing. No surprise. Only shocking. She was wearing her engagement ring. A platinum chain presented by him. And was carrying a brand new mobile presented by him.

Now it’s getting interested. :) Then what happened?

She said that she wanted to roam around the city with me in bike for the last time.

**** You could have asked her to ********?

No machi. She was really missing me.

Oh. That’s the reason she came to meet you with engagement ring, chain and mobile.

Hmmm. I don’t know machi. I asked her to remove the ring and chain till I leave. But she didn’t do it.

Cut the crap. Did u go out with her?

Yeah. We went for a movie. Then shopping. Bought her some dress. She got me a jean and shirt. Then I dropped her at her hostel.

That's it? She didn’t say anything else?

Hmmm. No. While dropping her she asked me for one more round in bike. So I took her to CCD and again dropped her.

Hmmm. I don’t know what to say machi.

Even till the last minute I was hoping the she would come with me nu.

Hmmm. Did you contact her after that?

No.

Why?

She was happy with her wedding machi.

When I met her the last day she was completely changed. Her dressing, hair style, makeup...

Oh. Maybe she was getting ready for life abroad.

See, this is why I never shared this with anyone. You are always making fun of others feelings.

Come on machi. I was just kidding.

Hmmm. When I asked her about the change she said that she wanted to forget the past and start a new life.

Ok. Then why the hell she wanted to meet you for the last time?

We were together for more than 7 years man. She might have felt it hard to leave me just like that.

Ok. After getting engaged with someone why was she hugging you and roaming out with you in bike?

Hmmm. She loves to come with me in bike.

So, are you saying that her mind was filled with your thoughts but she chose to wed the NRI just because of her parents?

100% true.

Shut the **** and get lost. Don’t justify whatever she did. ... .. ... ..

No machi. ....

++***
++*****+

++*****+++

No comments:

Post a Comment